Saturday, March 29, 2014

Here We Go!

Well, I did it. I finally started a blog after wanting to for the past year. So what is the point of this blog? To bring glory to God. I want to share my stories with the world and offer hope to the broken. I want to share my talents: writing poetry and journal entries, making music, and taking pictures. Writing is my outlet. It's the way I process things. I have so many journals, full of my stories. The Jesus ones, the ugly ones, the hard, the struggles - but also the beautiful ones, the ones full of love, the peace that passes all understanding, the strength, comfort and courage only God can provide. I want to share my struggles, my brokenness with people to show them I'm just as human as they are and only God can heal and repair. But my heart tends to go in the other direction. The one that doesn't lead to the glory of God. The one that leads to the glory and praise of me. The ugly one. Where I want to share these things because I want praise. I want the credit. I want the glory. I want people to see what I can do. And that is selfish. Who gave me these gifts in the first place? God. Why did he give them to me? To glorify himself. How should I then use them? To glorify Him. If I'm going to keep up with this blog, using it to bring glory to God will be a hard struggle. Hard isn't even a strong enough word. More like, impossible. Doing it for him, giving it over to him, realizing it is not my gift, but the one he gave me. But guess what? With God, all things are possible.
It's like wearing the armor of God. God gives us the tools: the belt of truth, helmet of salvation, etc., but we, on our own, do not have the strength nor the intellect to use them. That's why in Ephesians 6:10 it says:

…be strong in the Lord
and in the power of His
might.

Not our strength, not our might, the Lord's. This blog is a tool that God's given me. That's why, if I'm going to keep it up, it won't be me doing it. It will all be God. The inspiration, the stories, the talent - all His. He gave it to me, to use for His glory. I'll be praying long and hard, because he has given me the passion to do this. And I trust He will help me do it for the right reasons. 

4 comments:

  1. With God all things ARE possible! God has given you a treasure to share, Ellie. He will "multiply your talents" as you are faithful to use them for His glory....you go girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the encouragement Aunt Nina! <3

      Delete
  2. You are sowing seeds...God is sowing seeds through you...there will be fruit because you are basing it on God's truth, Scripture. "The Word of God is full of living power..." Hebrews 4:12. I will continue to be your prayer warrior and I am so excited you are testifying to HIS presence in your life and HIS desire to work out HIS plans for all of HIS children!
    love,
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mrs. Asmus!!!!! I can't wait to see what He will do. <3

      Delete